Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
You kill me
Into the wild
Louise Bourgeois
The mighty heart
Patrick Watson
Hollywood
Eagle vs. Shark
Emotional intelligence in everyday life
No Fit State
Hoosiers

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
02.2008
03.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
10.2008
11.2008
01.2009
04.2009
08.2009
10.2009


 


My World

Books I am reading at the same time

Tuesday, January 01, 2008
It has been a while since I've posted anything that I have read. The reason for that is simply that my life has become so complicated and overloaded with textbooks. But all of these are currently my read on the go.
This one is compulsory but not boring. I am actually enjoying reading about discourse through various methods of analysis.









This book is absolute gem, anyone should read it, no, really. At 739 pages...it gives the complete insight into advanced statistics and various complex formulae that no one will ever use because there are now programs that calculate that sort of thing.
Still, every moment I spend with this book is a joy...and not in a literal sense....yet somehow, I find perverse pleasure in reading and mastering any sort of subjects that boys usually excell in.






This is not an easy book to read. I tend to read few pages before bed. It always makes me sleep really well. Frankl is the only person in the world that can somehow sound hopeful about human fuck ups, therapy and depression.






Ian gave me this for Christmas and already I am finding it riveting, mostly for the fect that my internet experience has been more complicated than this guy could ever imagine, let alone write about. It is a very deep and somewhat hopeless reminder of the fundamental rift between male and female population when it comes to anything in life. It also highlights the stupidity of human condition and even though the authour tries to write in the past tense, i.e. that was me then...it is obvious that the remains of the person you were will always be you in some shape and form and one can never ever escape that. The depths one allows oneself to go to, be that something wonderful or something demeaning and complex...will always govern the way you come across to others.




Awww, I am almost done with this, another great book by Mr. Cooper. It is wonderfully witty without being pretentious and full of inventions and drawings that make you smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home