Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
Latitude
Naked acrobats
Artistic summer
Golden door
Bajaga i instruktori
Magical thinking
Madrid
Just a small trivia...
Aspects of the Feminine - C.G. Jung
The life of others

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
02.2008
03.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
10.2008
11.2008
01.2009
04.2009
08.2009
10.2009


 


My World

Hoosiers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Went to see really good gig last night. I have been slightly besotted with Hoosiers lately and managed to snag tickets for Revue bar in Soho, a tiny but ever so charming venue situated between gay cinema, a strip club and a porn shop. Classy.
Hoosiers were playing with The Levellers...if nothing, their fans knew all the lyrics and were rather rowdy and loyal. You could feel the love...and virtually be quite scared of it at the same time.
Passenger came next, relatively good band from Brighton whose vocalist is totally wrong for the band. I predict, if they make it big, he will be the first to be replaced.
The bassist stood next to me during Levellers’s gig and I never even knew it was him. If I’d known, I would have done my best to sexually assault him in some way and claim to be a groupie before I die. But as it was...an opportunity missed there.

Hoosiers were awesome, the lead singer is totally nuts but then, I never shied away from mental illness, in fact I applaud such individuals that can channel it positively.
They made me feel that I would like to be in a band. This is an option I will now seriously consider although lack of any musical knowledge and devoid of good singing voice, I do feel my qoptions will be limited.
I had a great time, nice venue, nice music, good atmosphere and bored looking Hugo clutching my bag in the corner...because I was dancing.
An absolute must see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home