Louise Bourgeois
Sunday, October 28, 2007
"Her work is deeply involved in the investigation of her own psyche and relation to objects through strong intuition. She constantly evaluates her past and creates work that is based out of an often painful nostalgia. It is difficult to directly link her work to other artists because she is extremely original in much of her work. She is best known for her 'Cells', 'Spiders' and various drawings, books and sculptures."
I felt she was a very tormented woman that expressed that torment through art. I like that sort of art the most, art that speaks of inner state of the person that creates it. There is nothing worse than art that is done to pass the time, or for some ulterior motive, or is vacant and just pretty. She creates sympols and concepts too, which I like, which are unique to her and I love unique people.
I also felt that she led quietly unhappy life that she represented in her art. There are concepts of a fallen woman and a housewife, the housewife is always portrayed with a house instead of her head. There is also this underlying theme of lovers, which exhudes sadness. Her husband was probably not the man of her dreams but then, at that time, who was married to the man of their dreams. I relate to the pain connected to that issue.

I am usually always ready to make H laugh with my interpretations of obscure art but this time we both noted that when I go quiet, I really adore something. This is amazing art.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home