Eagle vs. Shark
Friday, September 07, 2007
I know I have been neglecting this blog a bit, the reason for this is the fact that Hugo and I are now overdosing on cinema as we joined Cineworld's unlimited scheme.

The only film worth mentioning is Eagle vs. Shark. It is a sublime and faithful mix of Napoleon Dynamite and You, me and everyone we know. I think that the firts half an hour were pure perfection, I thought I was going to choke as I was laughing so much. I remember watching You, me and everyone we know and turning to my last boyfriend to say;" See, even freaks find love."
This film was made for that quote.
Apart from that, we have seen all sorts of things, now becoming a bit obsessed like mad, watching anything just to get the most out of the monthly fee.
Not much to say about Death sentence, Kevin Bacon goes crazy...but dull. Bourne ultimatum is crap. While I watched it, I remembered why me and my ex husband never had anything in common. Now, strangely, I likes 1408. I like horrors that utilise less blood and gore and employ some supernatural curse or something. It did not help that Hugo laughed through the whole film and made funny noises which freaked me out. About an hour into the film I sussed out it was him.
What else....hmmm, I am sure I saw more, ah yes Shrek 3 was swell, as were Simpsons...spider pig, spider pig. I can't believe I managed to get Hugo to see Waitress too. As I said to him yesterday, his standards are slipping, he used to be quite a snob. He replied that he is still a snob. I said that although that is true, I respected him more back when he used to uphold his standards. How the great have fallen....we used to overdose on art and now we have come to this...

The only film worth mentioning is Eagle vs. Shark. It is a sublime and faithful mix of Napoleon Dynamite and You, me and everyone we know. I think that the firts half an hour were pure perfection, I thought I was going to choke as I was laughing so much. I remember watching You, me and everyone we know and turning to my last boyfriend to say;" See, even freaks find love."
This film was made for that quote.
Apart from that, we have seen all sorts of things, now becoming a bit obsessed like mad, watching anything just to get the most out of the monthly fee.
Not much to say about Death sentence, Kevin Bacon goes crazy...but dull. Bourne ultimatum is crap. While I watched it, I remembered why me and my ex husband never had anything in common. Now, strangely, I likes 1408. I like horrors that utilise less blood and gore and employ some supernatural curse or something. It did not help that Hugo laughed through the whole film and made funny noises which freaked me out. About an hour into the film I sussed out it was him.
What else....hmmm, I am sure I saw more, ah yes Shrek 3 was swell, as were Simpsons...spider pig, spider pig. I can't believe I managed to get Hugo to see Waitress too. As I said to him yesterday, his standards are slipping, he used to be quite a snob. He replied that he is still a snob. I said that although that is true, I respected him more back when he used to uphold his standards. How the great have fallen....we used to overdose on art and now we have come to this...

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home