Madrid
Saturday, June 02, 2007
I did two museums while I was in Madrid, Thyssen and Prado. Thyssen was great, the ground floor is all surrealism with impressionism on the first and paintings of people in fancy dresses and cherubs in naked women's arms on the third.
Prado is very much not my thing but it was a great experience just for the sheer size of the art on offer and I discovered two painters I was not aware of before, which made me happy.
Joachim Patinir has this unique background style and you can tell his painting straight away as you walk into a room. It also created a certain mood, some dreamy state.
Hyeronimus Bosch, on the other hand is totally nuts, which I like. This painting was so amazing in detail that it is hard to really see the tiny details that make the scene but it is swarming with life. Amazing piece. As I was later discussing it with Hugo, I could feel his envy at the fact that I stood in front of the real thing seep through every pore in his body.

Click on Pictures to see photos

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home