Social Intelligence
Saturday, December 09, 2006
This totally reeks of some sort of self-help book in the style it is written in but it is anything but.
I thing the author, although failing miserably in the chore of impressing the true psychologists, wanted to tie it all together.
Psychology is often a sculpture with disparate components, one thing can be seen and explained from biological, neurological, socio-psychological and psychoanalytical dimension.
But sad thing is that nobody ever explains across these domains, they all argue theirs is best and so on, and he tends to explain certain biological processes across other ones and vice versa.
I am strangely attracted to medical facts as well as cognitive processes, bias and effects, so I found it riveting.
It isn't easy to read because there is a lot of science in what he writes.
I didn't like the fact that he uses stories that are simple and tad patronising to start off each chapter that then gets really hard core scientific. I found that annoying, but bearable.
Interesting book, overall.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home