Russell Brand
Monday, November 13, 2006
This show was awesome if you don't count the guy that was supporting Russ. Travis something....he was abysmal, totally egregious, hated every minute of him but Russ made up for it.
Everything was perfect, in the break, Dirty Pretty Things were playing their last album and sound of Morrissey accompanied Russell on and off the stage.
It was pretty much slow reading of the Southend gazette and just winging it, which is always the best. At some point Mike (guy in the audience) shouted he went to school with him. Russ goes ah yes, Mike. And Mike goes you owe me money...you can't make this stuff up even if you truly wanted to.
In the break, too lazy to go buy sweets, I was just bitching about everyone eating theirs. The party of 4 next to me had bought wine gums, which I never thought I would yearn for till they started eating them and I could smell the grapefruit ones.
At some point I complained quietly to my companion that if they didn't stop eating the wine gums, I was gonna rip it out of their hands. I thought I said it in a relatively low tone but the skinny, trendy guy heard me and immediately surrendered his wine gums.
So I had one.
20 minutes later he looked in the bag again and pulled the last two gums, quickly stuffing one in his mouth and glancing at his mates but then he extended it to me. And I, the whore that I am when it comes to confectionary, took it without even slightest concern that this is a 'premium' way to contract Hepatitis A. If my dad saw this exchange, I would certainly sport a prosthetic arm by now.

















2 Comments:
Logistical Concerns.
Travis ? No Trevor Locke. Southend Gazette ? Evening Echo !
x.
yeah yeah, minor details. I blocked Travis' name to protect me from mental breakdown and who cares what Southenders read ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home