Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
Lovers Electric
Angel-a
Crock files 2
Languishing on the sofa...
Crock files
Hard candy
Death and the Penguin
Quote of the week
The man that created Sammy and Catty....
Atomized

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
02.2008
03.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
10.2008
11.2008
01.2009
04.2009
08.2009
10.2009


 


My World

Catty's latest cinematographic experiences...

Sunday, October 29, 2006
I overindulged in films recently, simply because I have been taken by the exam schedule for a while and now I feel a new lease of life.

VOLVER
Loved this. As Almodovar's films go, I would say it was as good as Bad Education. It was incredibly funny in a non-stereotypical way, quirky and serious, a perfect blend of all three and hugely entertaining.
I don't know, it was one of those quirky movies that make you do silly things just for the fun of it, kind of an inspiration...so when I was saying goodbye to Hugo, I kissed him like the good, crazy women in the film taught me and we both cracked up over it. Splendid fun, very entertaining.



A GOOD YEAR
I don't usually like Russell Crowe, he reminds me of that rough type of a guy, slightly unpolished...the type I don't particularly understand that well, but he managed to pull this off and make it into a reasonably nice, pleasant movie. Total make believe, of course, a kind of fairy tale that is hard to swallow but I was entertained, which is, in itself a reasonably tall order so I guess it is not that shabby.



LIFE AQUATIC
I bought this and watched this in the midst of my pulmonary disease with Deano, when he came over to bring some sundries after my visit to the doctors last week. Every time I watch this it makes me feel sad yet unbelievably uplifted and energised.
I love Wes Andersen, I just do. I think he somehow manages to penetrate my dreams and create things that only I find amusing, and I kinda like that intimacy we have going between us.



RED ROAD
I really enjoyed this film. Simple, to the point, if a little slow, but I think it managed to depict the fact that the woman had no clue what she will do next from moment to moment and you really felt that throughout. It had that feel of putting something that scares the shit out of you into motion and watching it slide, you want to get off it but cannot, you are part of the motion and you push and you push even though you somehow don't want to but the force is bigger than you.
I think she felt like that and the whole film screamed that, which was a very subtle point that I guess, is probably quite difficult to attain in cinematographic profession.

After that, I begged Deano to take me to McDonalds for a meal, not sure why, haven't had one for absolute years.
Deano, being a person that knows how to dine a girl, properly bought me a value meal, apple pie and McFlurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home