Master and Margarita
Saturday, December 09, 2006
I don't know why exactly but I found Bulgakov's book a real chore to read and not just because it has 500 pages or something like that.
Its surreal element and the cat are the only positive things I liked. It is full of complicated names and characters that, thank god, tie together at some point in the book, but not enough to make me happy.
It didn't set the mood, defined its characters and even when I enjoyed bits about Margarita and the Master, I wasn't really bonding with them.
Hugo kept on telling me, just one more chapter and it will be better, but it didn't get better.
After this I decided that books ought to be about fun and the mood and what you want from them and I shall never ever force myself to read something I am not falling in love with. Life is too short for that.

















2 Comments:
It's a Russian book, you should read it translated to Croatian. And really is great, juicy book.
I wasn't denying that it's juicy, I was merely stating my opinion which was that I didn't bond with it at all.
You know...the same way how anything quirky makes you puke...that sort of way. Perhaps my right wing tendencies make me predispositioned to hate Russian complicated shit.
One will never truly know...
Post a Comment
<< Home