Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
Hard candy
Death and the Penguin
Quote of the week
The man that created Sammy and Catty....
Atomized
Latest trends
What I do for a living
Quote of the month
Latitude festival
Kandinsky

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
02.2008
03.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
10.2008
11.2008
01.2009
04.2009
08.2009
10.2009


 


My World

Crock files

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Am I the only person that doesn't mourn Crocodile hunter? The way I see it, and call me cruel bitch if you must, the guy tormented animals for a living, provoking them for sensational footage, and let's face it, he wasn't that smart either otherwise he'd have a real job.
I once read that he was bitten by a sake some 20 odd times, attacked by the crocks several times too, and it makes you wonder how does that happen to an average person,I mean, you never hear of David Attenborough being bitten by a cobra but then again, you never see him pull them by the tail in the name of TV moments.


So several stingrays have been slaughtered since Crock idiot died, confirming my suspicion that his followers have IQ that matched his. I mean, I get the revenge thing, I even like to employ it myself, but the likelihood that one will kill the exact stingray that killed their hero (and I use the term hero loosely) is rather slim. So basically, it is like starting to kill every human with a car on the planet you come in contact with just because someone ran over your cat.

And rays...they are docile creatures and tend to just hang around at the bottom of the sea when they are not swimming and even when they are, they have no aggression towards anyone, unless provoked, that is. I am guessing that an Australian plonker was being tad annoying to say the least. I just don't buy the story of his cameraman that he accidentally fell on the spike because ray felt a bit cornered, or whatever excuse they gave.

So the nation mourns him. I can see why? There is unlikely to ever be another remarkably obtuse person such as him to provide the entertainment for the masses by being bitten by the venomous animals live on TV.
And I thought the British went overboard over Princess Di. I take it all back now, honestly I do.

Few years back when the London Aquarium just opened, some twat was collecting sponsorship money for a bold diver risking his life swimming with sharks in the aquarium tank. And people were parting with shiny pounds until I pointed out to the gentleman that they are just robbing people blind. They had black tip reef sharks, hardly an aggressive breed, approximately 3ft in size, born and reared in a tank, and fed regularly. They were not gonna attack anyone. Sharks are stupid but evolution equipped them with some safety mechanisms. As a rule, unless provoked, they attack when hungry and rarely attack anything bigger than them, and the diver wasn't exactly 2ft midget.
I would have swam with them no problem. Their tiny jaws couldn't even pierce the layer of fat on my bum....
Give me a 20ft great white shark or a tiger shark in a tank, don't feed them for couple of days and then let the diver risk his life and I just might cough up some pennies.
Call me cynical....and you'll probably be right.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I think he was asking for it too.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Martina Dove said...

I just found out he was called Ray. Now that is poetic justice in itself. Need I say anything else?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Martina Dove said...

I must apologise for my ignorance here, I was wrongly told that The Crock hunter was called Ray when he wasn't. I cannot divulge my ignorant source as that can have a terrapin killed these days.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was being poetic.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home