Finally she reads some books
Saturday, August 08, 2009
VAPOUR by Amanda Fillipachi
Having been writing my Masters thesis and reading the appropriate journal articles on personal validation fallacy, Matt told me about this book and he was not wrong. i loved this book. I loved the somewhat unfortunate heroine who has so much self assurance yet so little success and who is slighlty but none the less charmingly deranged and I loved her love interest, the fucked up scientist who is no doubt a virgo and their complex relationship and sadistic ways of expressing love. Very nice book, full of imaginative splendour and affinity.
Malcolm Gladwell

I read about Outliers somewhere and this was the first book I read and it was excellent. I am increasingly unable to enjoy fiction after so many years of study and reading scientific journals and this book, although not actually fiction, was something in between. It comprises of many interesting research theories and evidence behind them, focusing mostly on such things that are not the norm and asking why that is and what causes something or someone to be an outlier. I since read The tipping point, which was also excellent and which focused on why some things/products/ideas take off and other never do. I am currently reading Blink, which is probably my favourite of those mentioned so far...it considers intuition, low level processing or gut feeling and why is good to listen to it with all sorts of interesting real life examples thrown in. Gladwell rocks. Go Gladwell.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home