Oracle night and A matter of death and life
Monday, April 17, 2006
ORACLE NIGHT
Paul Auster

A very slow book for the first half, somehow failed to entertain me but I will give it to Mr. Auster, his way of seducing the reader with just the hints of subliminal greatness is absolutely stunning. It gets better but it is one of those books that is full of human torment and people with some strange secrets that turn out to be nothing more than what most of us are battling with in our daily lives. Call me an idealist, (which I know I am) but I expect more. Good book, nothing more.
A MATTER OF DEATH AND LIFE
Andrey Kurkov

Now, a different story. One of those books that reeks of nihilism and apathy but which turns out to be so much more sublime. More my type. Unsuspecting twists that can happen to anyone and those layers that one always yearns for in real life.
P.S. Pictures of easter coming up as soon as I escape my father's dial up regime...
Paul Auster

A very slow book for the first half, somehow failed to entertain me but I will give it to Mr. Auster, his way of seducing the reader with just the hints of subliminal greatness is absolutely stunning. It gets better but it is one of those books that is full of human torment and people with some strange secrets that turn out to be nothing more than what most of us are battling with in our daily lives. Call me an idealist, (which I know I am) but I expect more. Good book, nothing more.
A MATTER OF DEATH AND LIFE
Andrey Kurkov

Now, a different story. One of those books that reeks of nihilism and apathy but which turns out to be so much more sublime. More my type. Unsuspecting twists that can happen to anyone and those layers that one always yearns for in real life.
P.S. Pictures of easter coming up as soon as I escape my father's dial up regime...

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home