Gogol Bordello
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Friday night consisted of a great gig. Funky and different if you don't count a supporting band, which was just a lot of noise with some reggae fella shouting like mad.
It was absolutely overcrowded in Astoria and although it was a cute venue, and a great night, I was totally upset at the sheer volume of people that were there.
Then I saw promoter, my ex. His gig apparently. Since he has started working for the largest promotion company, I meet him everywhere.
I already decided I was not going to contact him again, there was no point, after the infatuation waned, I found we have nothing to talk about.
So conversation was over in 2 minutes. You ok? Yes, you? Yes? You look great. (him to me). Thank you. (me to him). Great band. Yes, you look great. Thanks. You really do. Awww thanks. What's new with you? I tell him. You? Nothing, am really busy, but you look amazing. At this point I feel I must oblige and say something back and I say....And you have a really cute jumper. Then we had nothing to say and after pushing each other in a dorky manner, all overlooked by my rather serious and stern friend displaying a disgust at us, I decided it would be best to split.
Going home, central line problems, and masses of people from Astoria. I see the train closing the door and curse under my breath. But law and behold I notice a girl that got on at the last minute, whose bag was caught in the door, she is holding the reins and the rest is out of the carriage. Two men are trying to pry the door open while she freaks out. I see an opportunity there. Door get pried open and the driver gives in and opens them. I would not usually do this but the next train was in 14 minutes and I was tired. I was also bargaining for beep beep beep beep sound before the idiot shut the doors again so I proceed to get on the tube...and having stepped on just barely, door suddenly closed without any beep. I am still outside and my bag is inside. My hand is holding the reins. The men that helped damsel in distress look at me desperate and freaking out and I see one mouth 'fuck sake', but they pry the door open for me and I get pulled inside when the doors opened, making me fall into the lap of some really good-looking guy, who did not see the funny side of it. Fun night. Ah yes, and the gig was great.

















2 Comments:
Even though you're my friend I would've still muttered obcenities under my breath if you'd pulled that stunt under my watch.
Which stunt, the bag or the ex? If it is the bag stunt, may I remind you that once you tripped this poor guy on purpose. His crime? The fact that he was in a hurry and he brushed past you. Martial arts skills are lethal in a Westerner's hands....
Post a Comment
<< Home