Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
Chronicles of Narnia...the lion, the witch and the...
Finding Nemo
Jesus' birthday party
Like water for chocolateI got this book for my bir...
Self's punishment
Born into this
Factotum
DARKO RUNDEK
Last couple of weeks...
Shopgirl

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
02.2008
03.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
10.2008
11.2008
01.2009
04.2009
08.2009
10.2009


 


My World

Film update....(no great shakes)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006
OK, so I have been away for a while and had time to watch considerable amount of DVDs, some better than others and none that made me cry with joy like Narnia (even though I have missed whole resurrection thing there).


DARK WATER
Best scary movie I've seen in ages. It had everything, a tormented, divorced, bitter yet vulnerable woman without money, daughter with imaginary friends, weird people such as the lawyer that lies that he has a family and that caretaker...yeah, good film. Mood was perfectly set, no blood and gore, just pure psychological fear, which was not helped by my brother diving under duvet pulling my leg whilst I had headphones on, watching it on my laptop in bed, but it certainly added to the fear.



THE SEA INSIDE
Tearjerker. True story. I liked it although it did not overwhelm me or anything. But it was enjoyable.



SIDEWAYS
I saw this in the cinema and liked it, and repeated the experience with a friend and it was just as funny. I particularly loved the scene where he gets beaten with a helmet by the chick he lied to.


VANITY FAIR
Every once in a while, a girl has to watch a period drama like this, just because.
Always best enjoyed with girlfriends, men will find no meaning in this film whatsoever, and if I am honest, neither did I. But when I was little, I wanted to wear dresses like that and imagine my hair was long and therefore this kind of thing has a sentimental quality for me.



OPEN WATER
Wanted to watch this purely because of the sharks and even made my brother watch it with me. This was a total anticlimax. Knowing that this is a true story, I went into it light-hearted, only to be bitterly abused by the sheer tragedy of it.
I know that I am now giving away the plot but hey, you'll need to hear it...
Junior, a guy employed purely to count people going on the boat destined for diving and getting on it after a dive, fucks up and leaves two people behind. They float for a day or two, talk and so on, fall asleep, get stung by a jellyfish, get nibbled by a shark...all the while sharks are around them, checking them out and so on until they get too weak. Then they eat the man first and the woman gets eaten too.
All that is left of them is a camera with some photos found in a mako shark caught later on.
At some point in the film...one of the boat crew members finds their bags still on the boat the next day, raises an alarm and the search starts, giving a viewer some hope...but no...they die.
Worse than Blair Witch but my brother and I concluded that at least the production did not cost a lot if nothing.



WICKER PARK
I saved the best for last. Where do I start an attack on this film. It is a Hollywood version of L'appartement. Follows the story well, only it is bad, bad and stagnant until the bit where he decides to forget his ex and go for the treacherous girl that is consumed by passion for him, and his ex's psycho boyfriend blows the apartment with her in, and the treacherous girl goes away and leaves him too....no, Hollywood will be damned if they show misery and love gone bad. We would all stop believing in crap and would surely end up on drugs. So they make a scene where he leaves his fiancee, looks at the treacherous girl with hatred and runs after his ex and they embrace on the filthy floor of the airport and lose track of all reason.
I don't think Ive ever seen anything so bad in my life, and it wasn't even as entertaining as Dream catcher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home