Last couple of weeks...
Saturday, November 12, 2005
CORPSE BRIDE
Hmmm...Greatly entertaining feature. Good mood throughout and the music is not bad at all. But did it leave a permanent mark? I'm afraid not. Nothing to write home about.

ELIZABETHTOWN
I could say many things about this movie. Parts of it were really enjoyable, such as the child control tape, where a burly construction guy promises to demolish a house with explosives if kids promise to behave and listen to their parents as well as few other quirky things along the way...
But something also bugs me about this movie and I could not put my finger on it for few days and then it hit me.
It is too sweet, to the point of almost being unbelievable.
The story revolves around a young guy that fails at his job, which leads him to be publicly humiliated...he decides to kill himself but is saved by the phonecall that alerts him to family tragedy that he urgently has to deal with. He meets a quirky girl that is crazy about him and perseveres with his moody shit to the point of missing days off work.
Tragedy death brings the feuding family together in the most unusual of ways.
He falls in love with the persevering girl.
He gets over the failure and decides that life is worth living...
Where do I start?
In my experience, family tragedies are just that, tragic and bring no one together, but instead cause rows and problems over who will get what.
When people decide to kill themselves they usually do and there is nothing that stops them.
Persevering girls that miss work for men either get a sack or a court order for stalking their victim.
Nobody lives happily ever after.
See, the thing that made me sad over the whole movie is that it is a nice, positive and uplifting movie with great music, the kind that I would have loved few years back.
It made me wonder if I became a little too cynical for my own good...

ADRIAN MOLE and THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
As a loyal fan, I had to read the latest on Adrian. He is 34 and confused and righteous as ever. I enjoyed catching up with all the people in his life and the book did not disappoint.
Fun read.

LLOYD COLE
I recently heard one of his songs in the film I watched and revisited him a little.
I like Lloyd.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home