Like water for chocolate

I got this book for my birthday ( thanks Bran, x ) and since my torture with cognitive psychology finished in October, I am well and truly on a way to good reading.
I read this in two days. It left me in a mixed state of something...it has that dreamlike quality weaved with imagination portrayed by Alice Hoffman, especially in 'Illumination night' and that certain undertone that I love about Isabel Allende.
Anyway, the book was so vivid, although I will admit, it is a typical chick book, something to daydream with, but it is also superbly written in a style so distinctive and fluent and with an imagination worth mentioning.
FRANZ FERDINAND
Franz Ferdinand gig was great. The mood was awesome, the crowd really got into it and overall, the Glasgow boys did not disappoint me.
I was, however expecting more songs from the new album and less of the old ones but that is a minor flaw in what was a great experience.
One thing I must pick on is the fact that the drummer (clearly my favourite ) was rather overzealous and due to this, at times one could not hear Alex sing the words, which annoyed me because I tried to sing along.

I want to say something about my companion for the evening. Apart from being an excellent company even though he was tired, he made the night that much greater.
These are the things I also like to add: You have shown me what it is like to have someone truly great in my life, especially in these past few weeks, through forgiving my volatile and horrible moods, making me happy, drying my tears, being by my side every single second I needed you and also for seeing the utmost depths of my madness and neurosis and still seeing something special about me and being here to administer my drugs every time I ask you. You will know what this means, pumpkin. ( and no doubt will thrive on this shit ) I love you, x
Excorcism of Emily Rose
Not a lot to be said about this movie. Reasonably gripping yet prone to inducing apathy.

I got this book for my birthday ( thanks Bran, x ) and since my torture with cognitive psychology finished in October, I am well and truly on a way to good reading.
I read this in two days. It left me in a mixed state of something...it has that dreamlike quality weaved with imagination portrayed by Alice Hoffman, especially in 'Illumination night' and that certain undertone that I love about Isabel Allende.
Anyway, the book was so vivid, although I will admit, it is a typical chick book, something to daydream with, but it is also superbly written in a style so distinctive and fluent and with an imagination worth mentioning.
FRANZ FERDINAND

Franz Ferdinand gig was great. The mood was awesome, the crowd really got into it and overall, the Glasgow boys did not disappoint me.
I was, however expecting more songs from the new album and less of the old ones but that is a minor flaw in what was a great experience.
One thing I must pick on is the fact that the drummer (clearly my favourite ) was rather overzealous and due to this, at times one could not hear Alex sing the words, which annoyed me because I tried to sing along.

I want to say something about my companion for the evening. Apart from being an excellent company even though he was tired, he made the night that much greater.
These are the things I also like to add: You have shown me what it is like to have someone truly great in my life, especially in these past few weeks, through forgiving my volatile and horrible moods, making me happy, drying my tears, being by my side every single second I needed you and also for seeing the utmost depths of my madness and neurosis and still seeing something special about me and being here to administer my drugs every time I ask you. You will know what this means, pumpkin. ( and no doubt will thrive on this shit ) I love you, x
Excorcism of Emily Rose

Not a lot to be said about this movie. Reasonably gripping yet prone to inducing apathy.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home