Running with scissors
Saturday, March 31, 2007
I waited so eagerly for this but I knew it would let me down because I saw the poster featuring all the cast, which was impressive but I immediately thought: they will never depict the characters.

This is a picture of Augusten and Natalie. They live in the abysmal house with a crazy shrink. The thing is, the book is so detailed and there is so much madness across so many characters that you simply cannot depict everybody’s madness in two hours. And they chose these pretty characters. In reality, both Augusten and Natalie were fat and outcasts. But I never saw that on film.
Also, when Neil Bookman leaves and never ever gets in touch, they never portrayed what that did to Augusten. I loved that bit in the book, he described how he daydreamed he would come back, knock on his window...then how his heart broke when the time went on and on and Bookman never came back.
And he said: “When he left, he left an itch in me I was never quite able to scratch.”
I loved that bit and they left it out.

This is a picture of Augusten and Natalie. They live in the abysmal house with a crazy shrink. The thing is, the book is so detailed and there is so much madness across so many characters that you simply cannot depict everybody’s madness in two hours. And they chose these pretty characters. In reality, both Augusten and Natalie were fat and outcasts. But I never saw that on film.
Also, when Neil Bookman leaves and never ever gets in touch, they never portrayed what that did to Augusten. I loved that bit in the book, he described how he daydreamed he would come back, knock on his window...then how his heart broke when the time went on and on and Bookman never came back.
And he said: “When he left, he left an itch in me I was never quite able to scratch.”
I loved that bit and they left it out.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home