Brick
Thursday, June 08, 2006
See what happens when you give Sammy a freedom of choice.
There were moments that were pure perfection. Such as the use of the rooster jug to add a bit of lightheartedness in the serious theme.

I found characters unbelieveable apart from Tag. Tag reminded me of Sammy, sure, the rough, unpoloshed cut but his readiness to defend himself every time someone coughed reminded me of Sammy's instincs of puma, the way that every time I stir, he blocks the imagined blow, usually bruising my wrist in the process or clipping me on the ear.
It is hard to have a real oppinion of this film, I am reluctant to say it is crap because it has moments where you think the director was clearly a genius.

















3 Comments:
I loved it. In fact, I think it might be the best thing I've seen in good few years. Very clever and very confident.
Well, certainly since Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. And you had fun that night too, if I remember correctly. In a seriously Greta Garbo fashion.
Yes, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was great, not as Shakespearean though, by which I mean written in sonnets.
Post a Comment
<< Home