Frida
Friday, March 02, 2007
As a person that is irrationally obsessed by Frida Kahlo (this was pointed to me by the last boy I dated who came to visit, apparently having 3 books and a giant poster of her is considered tad enthusiastic) it was a matter of time rather than if I was going to watch this film.
With everything that one totally adores, there is the fear that someone else's interpretation of it just won't live up to your own, which often fosters disappointment.
But I felt Salma Hayek was outstanding in this film, and overall, it was a nice film.
I don't think anyone can authentically portray her life anyway, the richness of the experience, the anguish, the passion and the talent.
Also, there were things that were not included i the film or not given the right weight, such as her affair with her last lover, which remained anonymous.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home